Successful Learning in Mobile CSP
You may not have thought of yourself as a computer scientist before, but,
just like most people can run but may not be runners,
or can sing but may not be singers,
YOU can learn computer science!
This course will be hard at times, but that's okay. It means that you have an opportunity to learn and to stretch your brain.
Your programs may not work on the first try, but that's okay. It just means that you have an opportunity to learn how to write it correctly the next time.
Your Brain Is a Muscle
Learn more from Khan Academy about how your brain is a muscle and your intelligence can grow with hard work by watching the video below and then review some of the strategies that have helped other students be successful learners in Mobile CSP.
Strategies for Being a Successful Learner
- Review the exercises at the end of each lesson multiple times. If you get it wrong the first time, then review the lesson again.
- If you're struggling with a program, ask your neighbor or work in pairs. Two sets of eyes are better than one!
- Ask questions! If you're confused, it's likely someone else in the class may be confused, too.
- If something seems easy, look for Challenge exercises or the Still Curious? sections in the lesson to stretch your brain.
- Focus on learning concepts rather than getting a good grade. When you have to write your own app or take a test, it will help you more if you're confident that you deeply understand the concepts.
- Test yourself often - make flashcards for vocabulary, build apps without watching the solutions video or reading the solutions text, go back to previous lessons and complete the interactive exercises again, etc.